Woo Hoo the Energy Saving Trust is on the quango hit list

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Arfa Daily" saying something like:

In the free and easy credit atmosphere of the 00's I really can't see that a Tory government would have curtailed the property bubble, the ruthless greed and the endless speculation.

Really, do you?

Nulabour were a shower of intrusive and controlling wankers when it came to ordinary life for the man in the street, but fiscally they were just as incompetent as anyone else. It is indeed a pity that they didn't have the moral fibre to rein things in a bit - the simple expedients of hanging on to some regulation in the markets and pegging mortgages at

3.5 times earnings would have went some way to ameliorating the world-wide downturn as it affected the UK. You want to see a basketcase waiting to happen, just look across the Irish Sea and behold another Iceland, only run by even more incompetent nincompoops than the UK who, unbelievably, are still in power. They're all shaking their heads in disbelief and dodging the bullets, saying they never saw it coming. Retards. Time for a new broom.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

May as well shove it up their arses, for all the good it does.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Burns saying something like:

Sell them as mosques. Not the first time that's happened, though usually through conquest.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Did you or anyone ever find out what it was they -did- in practice?...

Reply to
tony sayer

You're not my boss, are you? The one who litters his emails with jargon acronyms, but jumped down my throat for including AFAIK & IMHO in a reply.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Interesting choice of word ... 'nobody'.

You'd soon find people who bemoaned their passing when the traditional English landscape suddenly became bereft of spires and towers which have guided the traveller and beautified the landscape for countless centuries. And there are just a few people who find the interiors interesting too.

Actually, it seems that the CCT has spoken anyway. It is not a quango. But since 1997 has received some funding from DCMS. That portion of the funding seems to be the issue here.

John Whitworth

Ah. So it'll be ok to check back with you when it's one of your close relations dying of cancer ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Done - both parents, actually.

There was money wasted on my father on things like eye tests when I knew, told by a very helpful doctor, that he wouldn't survive for a month.

Reply to
PeterC

More likely to be me.;-)

Reply to