wirquin flush valve sometimes sticks

I have just fitted a new wirquin flush valve and sometimes after flushing it sticks in a position where water is continually running. If you jiggle the flush button it sorts itself out. Anyone seen this ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Any use?

John

All these new gadgets in my experience are crap. Don't fix/improve what doesn't need to be fixed. Go out and buy yourself a proper syphon flush. Cheap reliable and fails safe (ie not running). When/if you have a water meter, these stupid gadets could cost you a fortune in wasted water.

Harry - I agree - there was nothing wrong with the old syphon other than foreigners would buy them - but we buy foreign.

Reply to
John

Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Thanks, Simon.

If the cable attachment is properly clipped onto the spigot then I suggest a spray of "Mr Sheen" into the button assembly in case it is sticking.

Is the cable routing in a fairly unstressed manner? Sometimes loosening and turning the button assembly can help it find a more stressfree routing.

I presume that nothing is fouling the cistern sides.

Reply to
John

No, I've looked at all the obvious things. The cable etc is free in rest position, nothing seems to be binding. It could be only on full or half flush, since the mechanism is different. On full flush, water reaching the bottom of the float causes the valve to drop and seal. On half flush, something else (not sure what) triggers the end of the flush. It only happens about twice a month. I tend to now check the mechanism is engaged after the flush, but other users cannot be expected to. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

No, I've looked at all the obvious things. The cable etc is free in rest position, nothing seems to be binding. It could be only on full or half flush, since the mechanism is different. On full flush, water reaching the bottom of the float causes the valve to drop and seal. On half flush, something else (not sure what) triggers the end of the flush. It only happens about twice a month. I tend to now check the mechanism is engaged after the flush, but other users cannot be expected to. Simon.

Coincidence - just happened on mine (I thought the sound was my wife filling the bath). Tried Mr sheen.

Reply to
John

Well what do you know ... I did a quick web search. Suggestions included a weight on top of the valve body (not sure about that - it falls with enough of a thud as it is) or using an elastic band as a return spring. My recently fitted downstairs cistern has a fluidmaster valve of similar design. We'll see how that goes. "Progress" is a funny thing. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson