wiring behind built-in oven

I have 2 surface wired cables that will pass behind a built-in oven: a ligh= tly loaded lighting circuit and one 2.5mm cable for the kitchen ring (over = counter sockets and others in the room). Something I had not considered bef= ore. I believe these ovens go some way into the wiring gap behind the units= , but how hot to they get at the back ? Will I have to derate my kitchen ring ? If so, maybe I should reroute the cables so they go below the bottom of the= cooker (about 700mm from the floor).

Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I have no idea how hot the area that the cable passes through will be. Anything above 45 deg C and you should consider derating the ring. Although in the real world for short lengths of time on a lightly loaded ring this should not matter

Move the 2.5 if you can. Moving both would be better:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth