Wiring a workshop using conduit wiring - how to?

There is no reason at all why you cannot do it that way. Just remember to keep the T&E flat when pulling/pushing it through the conduit.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Don't worry. I've employed worse.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You also get the benefit of it looking like a nice professional job.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The old method used to be to use conduit round-elbows and rount-T boxes. I suspect that is because they allow the use of gaskets & brass M4 screws, so providing better water proofing than the mere "snap together elbow".

A garage has quite a temperature range, so watch the expansion re plastic.

Saddle clips require precision location, snap-over single clips have a slot so tolerant of miss-location.

As mentioned MK Egatube fittings (including bush-female adapter) are the nicest, keep their finish well and generally fit together. There are some tubes which are slightly oversize and fit far too tightly (or not at all) into fittings, avoid.

Reply to
js.b1

I have never used the snap-over clips so I cannot comment.

The snap-on clips have no adjustment (similar to pipe clips).

However the saddle bar type clips have a slot on the base for adjustment.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I think you can just clip the T&E to the wall, no need for conduit.

It will be on an RCD so the most dangerous thing is falling off a ladder fitting it! (and what you plug into it)

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]