wireless burglar alarms-recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a good quality system or are they all mostly rubbish-wired system better??

I know some of the earlier ones werent so good!!

ta

jo

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUME>CONFORM>OBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.

tarquinlinbin

would have to be MM3 proof.........

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

I fitted a "Response" SA3 alarm in my house earlier this year (£200 from B&Q - other options available). So far no problems - in fact I'm amazed it's working so well - does exactly what it's supposed to do :-)

HTH.

Reply to
Troy

If you can find a way to fit a wired one without too much hassle, avoid wireless ones. If you do do get a wireless one, make sure it's decent with plenty of combinations on the wireless remote, or better still disable the remote altogether. I have a neighbour who had a Response alarm. My friend who has an identical alarm was standing in my lounge playing with his keyfob and we noticed the arm/disarm pips from my neighbour's alarm- they were on the same code!

The neighbour was a rather unpleasant type so naturally we took great delight in arming/disarming his alarm and setting it off with the panic button. He eventually reported a fault and Response came out, only to give it a clean bill of health ;-)

It turns out the keyfobs have only 128 or 256 code combinations, I forget which it was, so a burglar could quite easily disable your alarm in little time, even going through all the combinations manually by flicking the dipswitches. These alarms are so common that I've no doubt burglars have already cottoned on to this. Building a binary counter addon for the remote to sequence through all the codes would be extremely trivial.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D