Wipeable Washable Paint?

I have 2 Old English Mastiffs (think Turner and Hooch x 3 in size and drool) and am looking for a paint that you can wipe easily. The drool when dried is like glue on the walls very hard to remove. I was thinking a high gloss all over the house but my mate says it will look pretty crap although it will look better than drool stained walls that I constantly have to scrub with a mop and that leave stains soaked in. looked at the easy clean stuff from deluxe but reports on them don't seem that good. I really just need function over aesthetic quality but not too crazy shiny looking. Is high gloss really that bad? Does the satin finish gloss wipe as easy?

TIA Adebisi

Reply to
Adebisi

Household gloss is the most cleanable stuff. If youre willing to pay the extra, and have a very good plaster surface, car spray paints are even better. But good ventilation is a must with those while drying.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It will look pretty crap and will also be a right bugger to get off the walls later.

Would thin (but rigit) clear plastic sheets bolted to the walls to act as protectors suffice? If you have a dado rail then plastic up to the dado and it will look less obtrusive. I've seen this done as wallpaper protector in busy areas.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Sounds like he needs tiles rather than paint

Reply to
Stuart Noble

That would look a lot crappier!

We've had some rooms painted in high gloss - walls, woodwork, ceiling, to get the best from the north facing windows. It looked good (people admired it) and it wasn't necessary to get it off the walls when we painted with a flat water based paint last year.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I would have to put these everywhere as when they do the drool shake it even goes on the ceiling.

Reply to
Adebisi

Keep them outside

Reply to
Mj

I've used gloss all over in rooms that need real cleaning before, and I dont thin it looked crap. Not as good as emulsion looks wise, but quite practical imho. If you dont like it you can always paint over it.

Eggshell is next best if you must have matt, or a mixture of gloss & undercoat as a topcoat.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Of course there's another option - kill the dogs :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I think a lot of people would have a dedicated dog room in such circumstances... When I worked in a trade decorator centre I'd have recommended mid-sheen as being hard wearing and capable of standing a bit of a scrub thanks to the amount of vinyl it has in it. However, I see that Crown now do a matt emulsion that is sold as 'scrubbable' and which my former colleagues tell me is selling well. See:

they've found a way of taking the shine out of the vinyl.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I've managed to get dogginess off our matte emuslion - farrow and Ball - with a wet non scratchy scouring sponge.

If I wear through, I slap a patch over it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher