window "seating" material

We have a window where there is a bit of a gap/recess between the wooden frame and the double glazed unit (this on the inside of the window). I'm being urged to make good - what material should I use to refill the gap/recess after I've cleaned out the gunk that has built up in the gap?

cheers Jim

Reply to
Jim Jackson

I used cement that I dyed brown and then waxed it. It's been OK for 15 years.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Ward

What? On the Inside? Between the glass and the wooden frame?

Reply to
Jim Jackson

The window is powder coated steel steel and I had a large piece of oak to use as a window seat but it didn't get close enough to the window, so I filled the 1/2 inch gap with cement.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Ward

If it's pvc, then silicone. For harder frames, cement, wood strip & linseed putty are also options.

Reply to
Animal