Will Resin Coating on paving tiles crack?

We have small red tiles laid down in the front of the house. They are very solidly laid so i don't want to dig them up.

But after some thirty years the frost is breaking them up.

I have seen recently a new thing consisting of tiny round stones set in a kind of Resin placed around planted trees on top of the soil.

Can i place these tiny stones in Resin on top of the tiles or will any vehicle driven on them just crack it up?

Reply to
john west

Yes, the weight of a vehicle will slowly grind away the stones where the vehicle wheels are positioned. Also the moss tends to get into it and is impossible to remove. There is at least one example near me that was applied into sound concrete driveway and 12 years on it looks really shabby and patchy.

Reply to
Andrew

Have a google for resin bonded driveways. Lots of people are getting them installed round here.

Personally, I hate the appearance. They are just a uniform, bland expanse. That is until there's some defect, and they show every blemish.

Reply to
GB