Wider tape label maker recommendations?

They can print multiple lines on a tap as well (depending on width) - so with my machine a 3/4" tape can have up to 4 lines. On mine I can do 4 basic fonts, bold, italic, underline, & outline, plus a few odd things like banners with graphics round them or printing small calendars!

The basic machines are fairly cheap new...

Having said that, must have had mine at least 10 years, possibly 15 and it's been faultless.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yeah. We had a 'good' label printer where I worked and that could do that, as can my Dymo 450 of course.

I have seen a good spattering of that on Youtube since. ;-)

The most basic that will handle 18mm tapes seems to be the D400 desktop style printer but it doesn't seem to handle the beginning and end bits of tape so well.

Some people are luckily like that (the last piece of second hand electronics I bought off eBay was a smartphone that was only 6 months old. Two days after getting it it went wrong so I returned it to the seller, who sent it back under warranty and they said it had been water damaged. The seller tried to suggest I'd done that but it had never left my lounge! I think he eventually returned half my money but it left a bitter taste ...

I think I can get a Brother PT-E300VP new from Screwfix (and elsewhere) for around £100 but it seems (from the reviews), many have bought them at 50% off during a special. I think they come with a 3yr warranty which even at full price puts the risk at only £33/year.

We (I) have already spent a bit on toys this month (my new Odroid N2+ HA SBC) and whilst it's there (and you can only spend it once), I would be happier to buy one at half price. ;-)

Do the likes of Screwfix have their sales at fixed intervals?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Anyone that prints passwords out to stick on equipment probably isn't too fussed about security... ;-)

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Especially when they put the label on the PC monitor. ;-)

But I guess it might be better to have a password rather than none and if they can get physical access to your kit then they probably have access to your data in any case (unless you are trying to protect against other members of your household etc).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

It's more secure to print this password on the front of the box:

7RpriamEFyE0HwQOxi6B6Yzpwx1FffZtGM0cVoQPMLn8RrF9SywxmzdKknsSR4Cg than to use a password you can remember like 'bob1942', especially if the threat is from people accessing it over the network rather than folks with physical access.

Theo

Reply to
Theo