Why me?

Installing a bathroom Thurs & Fri. Installed toilet & cistern, the cistern kept overflowing. One of those new fangled inlet valve thing's not shutting off. Replaced it like for like at the suppliers & the new one wouldn't shut off either. Eventually fitted a Torbek which was perfect.

Fitted the basin next, telescopic bottle trap leaked badly around the bit that goes into the trap, had the usual rubber seal but no back up ring. Took it back to Wickes who replaced it. New one leaked in the same place, had to replace it with a P trap.

What are the odds on two components both failing twice? And why me?

:-(

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It's because random events cluster, or Sod's Law. Like when I finally got the combi working, having found an intermittent fault in the air pressure switch as well as water side problems. Feeling really smug when that was all working, go to the loo and the Saniflo blocked.

OTOH I'd convinced myself it must be a downstream blockage, with all that that entails, but in fact it was upstream of the macerator. Wet & Dry Vacuum

1, Saniflo 0,
Reply to
Newshound

Same batch in each case? Or just you :->

Reply to
PeterC

The inlet valve was already fitted to the cistern - so that wern't me!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Shit happens...

Reply to
Appelation Controlee

Was the water being supplied by the 1m head tank you refer to in anther thread - if so, I expect tha twas the problem, not enough pressure to close the valve properly....

That's probably just two from the same batch :-(

Reply to
Toby

If it was the low head job you described in another post I'd guess that was your problem: had one where I had to swap the supplied filling valve for another type designed to be suitable for low as well as high pressure because the supplied one wouldn't shut off under low pressure.

Reply to
YAPH

It was the same place yes, and thats was my suspicion as well.

Hmmmm! Mutter, grumble...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman