Why did I bother?

Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the politics. Thought I'd give it another try.

Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it "wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".

Reply to
TMH

But you've missed the fascinating latest exploits of Adam's apprentices, Jo hn's fantastic bathroom project, how to rejuvenate a vacuum fluorescent dis play, and an answer to your 2010 question about "we treat you like a swede, not a turnip" (which could have been about Brexit, but wasn't).

Perhaps it's not what it was, but I think it's still worth the money.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Hi Dave. Any more books?

Keep at it. I'm just killing all the politics threads now.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I find it helps to ignore a thread once Brexit is mentioned.

But it would improve the neighbourhood if you could eg bring us up to date on what the money rich/time poor of the Medway towns are keeping you busy with these days. It's arguably on-topic: your past posts motivated me to teach my grandnephew how to fix a wireless doorbell. I feared your patch might stretch to Maidstone and the shame would have been too much to bear :)

Reply to
Robin

OK

Reply to
Richard

I use a filter to hide anything with b r e x i t

Reply to
nothanks

+1. Me too.
Reply to
newshound

And I still want to know if any more books are in the offing. I enjoyed the first one.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Not that I like them much, but as you have form for posting lots of OT garbage , trolling and baiting cyclists on the cycling groups purely to be disruptive then you are hardly blame free in the descent of newsnet from being useful to people who share interests to the sorry state it is now ruined by trolls like you who think it is ok to act stupidly for their own amusement except on the newsgroups that they themselves want to read untainted. You are a hypocrite in moaning about this group being wrecked when you have done the same to others.

GH

Reply to
Marland

They've wrecked this group. From what I can see they're all deadbeats, sponging off the welfare state so they have all the time in the world to post and endlessly re-post their worthless blather. No respect for other users, no respect for democracy.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

A strike, I'd say.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well indeed they deserve it, but TMH's annoyance at them is in reaction to wider odd behaviour exhibited by such folk (not, IOW, limited to cyclists).

The question about the cyclists is, why, having bought a bike, do they suddenly feel a need to get the lycra kit, join a club, start obsessing about personal time trials, and the whole ball of wax. The times I've owned a bike it was nice to get out for a bit of sight-seeing with a mate. A pleasant way to exercise.

More recently I went along from time to time to the village table tennis club, also for fun and exercise. There's a whole range of skill level, from some who play in leagues to those who are pleased if they get the ball over the net. But even there, once I showed up as a bit better than the average, someone was on at me to join a league because I'd expressed an interest in playing with some tougher players.

Why this need to organise everything to death, is what I want to know.

Reply to
Tim Streater

And then attend the same school of road skills as an Audi driver... (London, number of cyclists who think rules don't apply to them is a joke).

Me - I hop on a Boris Bike, tuck my trousers in my socks and off I go...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Pot, kettle. HTH.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Can you buy cycle clips any more?

Reply to
Max Demian

I may have a pair somewhere.

Reply to
Tim Streater

28 listings on ebay including some retro springy metal ones

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Try a chemist. Useful for diarrhoea.