Why did I bother?

Couldn't be arsed with this once excellent group due to all the politics. Thought I'd give it another try.
Waste of my time. Still full of Bremainer wingers, complaining that it "wasn't fair" and "we are doomed".
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 19:04:52 UTC+1, TMH wrote:

But you've missed the fascinating latest exploits of Adam's apprentices, Jo hn's fantastic bathroom project, how to rejuvenate a vacuum fluorescent dis play, and an answer to your 2010 question about "we treat you like a swede, not a turnip" (which could have been about Brexit, but wasn't).
Perhaps it's not what it was, but I think it's still worth the money.
Owain
What?
Brian
--
----- --
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 19:04:50 +0100, TMH wrote:

Hi Dave. Any more books?
Keep at it. I'm just killing all the politics threads now.
On 10/07/2018 20:42, Bob Eager wrote:

+1. Me too.
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 19:42:10 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

Same here. Too many retards with no respect for democracy posting their brainless old shit. Like it's going to make the slightest bit of difference! We're leaving and will be out - hopefully with no deal and on basic WTO terms - early next year. Can't come too soon AFAIC.
On 10/07/2018 19:04, TMH wrote:

I find it helps to ignore a thread once Brexit is mentioned.
But it would improve the neighbourhood if you could eg bring us up to date on what the money rich/time poor of the Medway towns are keeping you busy with these days. It's arguably on-topic: your past posts motivated me to teach my grandnephew how to fix a wireless doorbell. I feared your patch might stretch to Maidstone and the shame would have been too much to bear :)
--
Robin
On 10/07/18 20:51, Robin wrote:

OK
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 20:51:57 +0100, Robin wrote:

And I still want to know if any more books are in the offing. I enjoyed the first one.
On 10/07/2018 19:04, TMH wrote:

I use a filter to hide anything with b r e x i t

Not that I like them much, but as you have form for posting lots of OT garbage , trolling and baiting cyclists on the cycling groups purely to be disruptive then you are hardly blame free in the descent of newsnet from being useful to people who share interests to the sorry state it is now ruined by trolls like you who think it is ok to act stupidly for their own amusement except on the newsgroups that they themselves want to read untainted. You are a hypocrite in moaning about this group being wrecked when you have done the same to others.
GH

A strike, I'd say.
--
*Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary *

Well indeed they deserve it, but TMH's annoyance at them is in reaction to wider odd behaviour exhibited by such folk (not, IOW, limited to cyclists).
The question about the cyclists is, why, having bought a bike, do they suddenly feel a need to get the lycra kit, join a club, start obsessing about personal time trials, and the whole ball of wax. The times I've owned a bike it was nice to get out for a bit of sight-seeing with a mate. A pleasant way to exercise.
More recently I went along from time to time to the village table tennis club, also for fun and exercise. There's a whole range of skill level, from some who play in leagues to those who are pleased if they get the ball over the net. But even there, once I showed up as a bit better than the average, someone was on at me to join a league because I'd expressed an interest in playing with some tougher players.
Why this need to organise everything to death, is what I want to know.
--
"... you must remember that if you're trying to propagate a creed of
poverty, gentleness and tolerance, you need a very rich, powerful,
On 11/07/18 09:46, Tim Streater wrote:

And then attend the same school of road skills as an Audi driver... (London, number of cyclists who think rules don't apply to them is a joke).
Me - I hop on a Boris Bike, tuck my trousers in my socks and off I go...
On 11/07/2018 10:36, Tim Watts wrote:

Can you buy cycle clips any more?
--
Max Demian

I may have a pair somewhere.
--
"Please stop telling us what you feel. Please stop telling us what your
intuition is. Your intuitive feelings are of no interest whatsoever,
On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 21:18:32 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:

28 listings on ebay including some retro springy metal ones
Owain
On 7/11/2018 9:47 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Those springy ones can often be found in quilting supply shops.
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 13:47:57 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

but no sign of binder twine.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland