Who invented polystyrene ceiling tiles?

Yes, but he now says he has knobbed her. Hence the questions.

Reply to
ARW

Daft wasn't the word I used at the time. Burns really hurt.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I remember this public information film from the 1970s:

Caecilius

Rather than banning them, they did a public information film.

How un-2010s

Reply to
Tim Watts

Foamed polystyrene was invented in 1941. Presumably foamed polystyrene ceiling tiles came along some time later.

Reply to
Nightjar

There was the 4 x 4 following me along a narrow lane near home, where I know that sight lines are tricky, and oncoming vehicles can appear unexpectedly. He tailgated, and then sounded his horn, so I stopped, and went back for a chat, suggesting that if it had not been for his impatience, he would have been a lot further down the road.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

In message , Chris J Dixon writes

I had a similar situation last Friday night, near the end of a long day, driving from Suffolk to Aberdeenshire. Quiet B road, twisty, over the hills, I could see headlights behind me. He eventually caught up, and sat behind me, headlights on full beam. I just stopped the car, and eventually he realised I was going nowhere, and pulled past.

Stupid? Probably, given what has just happened in Sussex. There are guys out there, fit and 'ard who could cope with some arse jumping out with knife in hand. I doubt I'm one of them. By the time I realised what was happening, I'd be dead. Hey ho.

Reply to
News

This afternnon, I went through a village doing 30mph with a tailgater following. I speeded up when we got to th 40mph sign, but as soon s he could see pat me he overtook - I suspect doing at least 60mph since when I wnt round the next bend he was nowhere to be seen, Then the white van which had been behind him caiught me upand also overtook at at least 50mph, - we were still in 40mph limit!

Reply to
Charles Hope