White goods power consumption

In my experience cold washes work well (using own brand Aldi washing liquid that says it works at 15C). The machine will go through an occasional 90C wash with towels (or just washing soda) to keep it free of stale detergent etc.

Reply to
alan

16 panels (two arrays of eight). Does over 3kw on a sunny day.
Reply to
cryptogram

Yes, this is the position.

Reply to
cryptogram

When the heater failed in my old washing machine which had hot and cold water feeds, I found I could get it to work by running the hot tap on the sink next to it. Without doing that it would sit indefinitely trying to heat the water.

Reply to
mcp