Whirlpool AWM 822

I'm looking for some troubleshooting suggestions for this W/M. The machine fills and empties and the timer runs, but there's no activity from the motor whatsoever. The brushes are in good condition and the winding resistances look sensible. I'm assuming that a shorted winding would cause the fuse to blow. There's no voltage on the rotor or stator connections when I would expect there to be and there's no sign of any broken wires or loose connections. Are there any interlocks that only affect the motor? Unless I'm overlooking something, that leaves the programmer switch and the control card, in which case I'd probably be cheaper getting a s/h machine from the small ads. Any ideas?

TIA

Reply to
Richard Kaulfuss

Detach the motor and attach a handle to the drum.

Then just turn by hand, keeps ya fit at the same time.

Reply to
PhilÅ

We have one of these, which developed a cracked solder joint on the motor board - might be worth a look. If you can solder :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself. :-)

Reply to
Richard Kaulfuss