Which way round ...

Nay, nay and thrice nay! Hacksaw teeth face away, so the cut is on the push stroke. not the pull stroke. I think the only saws that might cut on the pull stroke are some of those very expensive Japanese hand saws.

Alternatively, wander off to your workshop or garage, try cutting through a piece of ¼ MS bar with a blade put in to cut on the pull stroke - you might just be back in time for Christmas day.....

:-)

Reply to
Wanderer

hacksaws there

correctly....

No I meant hacksaws, as per the question. Specifically I was thinking of junior hacksaws, the bigger ones are different. With the juniors the frame is essentially a stiff spring that is compresed to release the blade. If you put the blade in so it push cuts, any time the blade jams a bit, your pushing on the handle completely untensions the blade, result total foul up.

pay attention

thank you, will check that site out more later. I do want something better than google, gluggle's gotten to be a complete mess lately.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Makro do Japanese Shark pull saws for about 10/14 for the small/large ones. Very nice when you get the hang of it, cuts fast and you can take of very thin sections much more easily than with a conventional saw.

It's all in the wrist action ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Only if you buy a cheap one, a proper junior hacksaw has the same tensioning device as a normal full sized one.

the bigger ones are different. With the juniors

I was, the question was about hacksaws, you seemed to be talking about either pad or power saws...

Yes, and it's making a complete mess of Usenet ! :~(

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

In message , Huge writes

Ask DIMM and then do the opposite

the right tool for the right job ...

Reply to
raden

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:03:36 -0000, ":::Jerry::::" strung together this:

I was going to say something along those lines further up the thread, it's confusing the hell out of me as the posts are now randomly appearing all over the place!

Reply to
Lurch

Don't you mean 'a right tool, in the wrong job' ?

:-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

He's been uncharacteristically quiet recently. Perhaps about to morph - again?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

From: Lurch ( snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk) Subject: Re: Which way round ... On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:03:36 -0000, ":::Jerry::::" strung together this:

something

Oh I see :( I didnt realise, on google its the same amount of messiness as its been for ages now.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Christian McArdle

I did that already - didn't it propagate?

Reply to
Rob Morley

It did to here. Likely a case of the problem with busy newsgroups and a reader that only downloads the last XX headers. Posts don't get seen, and it isn't obvious that they are missing.

Reply to
Coherers

Shhhhh.....

(providence + ! + not + tempt + do )

:-)

Reply to
Coherers

It's just the way of things. The server I use is usually pretty good, but things get held up sometimes and form a backlog.

Christian.

P.S. I think you might have spent a lot longer on yours!

Reply to
Christian McArdle

The message from "Coherers" contains these words:

I read off line and it is often the case that by time I log back on to post my contribution someone else has already beaten me to it, but by then it is too late. :-)

Reply to
Roger

I was probably avoiding doing something else more important :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

I can't believe there is so much talk on this..... In normal use the teeth always point forward

-- Andy-

Reply to
Andy-

Or off on one of his international trips to Skegness

Reply to
raden

"raden" wrote | >He's been uncharacteristically quiet recently. Perhaps about to | >morph - again? | Or off on one of his international trips to Skegness

So bracing. He'll be bored rigid.

Owain

Reply to
Owain