Which trustedtraders

as in:
https://trustedtraders.which.co.uk/
I now see that there's an advert for
Trust A Trader
https://www.trustatrader.com/
which when they say it fast, sounds the same
Oops
Anyway, just how many of these Trader schemes do we need?
tim
On 13/01/2019 19:38, tim... wrote:

None of them.
Just a quick search finds a couple of wankers in the Doncaster region.
--
Adam

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 19:58:54 +0000, ARW wrote:

Unless, of course, expert manual stimulation is what you are searching for.....
A handy man could be just what you need. :-)
Cheers
Dave R

On 13/01/2019 19:58, ARW wrote:

Go back 40 years and they are no different to organisations such as the Guild of Master Tradesmen etc, which were solely there to serve their members and not the general public.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Some trade bodies do protect the public to some extend by enforcing professional standards.
But far too many are more interested in getting large numbers to join for the fee income.
--
*If your feet smell and your nose runs, you're built upside down.

tim... wrote :

None, I would not trust any of them. The traders pay to be listed, so it is in the schemes interest to have as many as possible, with lots of fake recommendations. No body does any checking of the traders, they just take the money and run.
On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 20:32:13 +0000, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

+1 (agreeing with Harry ?!)
The only way is direct personal recommendation.
This summer I've few days earmarked to carry on putting the brand new roof fitted in 2014 to rights. The job is to put down laths along the apex, and screw the ridge tile fixings into them. Because, yes, the ****s that did the job originally just left them there.
It was cheaper for me to have therapy to overcome a fear of heights than let another cowboy up there.

Checkatrade was acquired by one of the trades, so its credibility (what it might have had anyway) was somewhat dented.
Basically, if *you* aren't paying for the service, then *you* are not their customer.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 13/01/2019 19:38, tim... wrote:

I find a few in there that I know are third rate.
Bill
My feeling about these are thus: 1 Who actually tests the companies?Is it merely people saying they do a good job for the money, or could the system be subverted. Do the traders pay for a listing? If yes one has to ask about whether they are buying the recommendations. How does the site make its money. Judge for yourself. I have to say that the best way is to ask other people who have had jobs done. Even then you can if its a bit firm find your job subcontracted to a wally. Brian
--
----- --
On 14/01/2019 09:12, Brian Gaff wrote:

You only have to read reviews on Amazon to find that many 5 star reviews are not based on people actually using the product and many 1 star reviews are based on the parcel tape on the delivered package being the wrong shade of brown.
Not only do you have to have trust in the tradesman but also that the reviewers know what they are writing about. Also, are negative tradesmen reviews censored and/or discarded?
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk