Which powered wheel tile cutter?

thank you!! John Rumm wrote:

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:19:28 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Thats how I'd do it as well but be aware that there will be a significant undercut at the edge of the curve, this means the edge is a bit fragile and sharp. Using the corner of the blade to even up the broken out teeth can be very effective.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Next door had 'builders' in and they were cutting what looked like wall tiles with one in the street. Sparks everywhere. I suppose a skilled person might make a half decent cut with one (they couldn't), but an idiot should get a perfect cut every time with a wet cutter - and no dust. I'd guess the blades last rather better too. It's really rather like using a hand held circular saw vesus a bench type. No contest.
--
*Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Handy for non glazed tiles like marble, etc.
--
*What am I? Flypaper for freaks!?

Can't see the Rexon on the Screwfix site...not at that price anyway although there are more expensive models ..There is also the Titan at 29.99 which looks similar to the one I bought a couple of years ago and it is showing signs of rust .
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 636&ts`814
Toolstation.com have the Rexon at 59.61
57413 Rexon TC1150AL Tile Cutter 230V 59.61
Stuart
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:35:43 +0000, Stuart wrote:

I must be looking in a different place.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp?tsi279&id 1289
This doesn't have the cheaper one you mentioned.
There must be different categories.
I will look at the other ones as well.
Cheers
Dave R
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:17:53 +0000, David WE Roberts

I bought a cheap one from Screwfix a while ago and while the table is a bit rusty and scratched it still works ok. It chucks more water on the floor than on you these days but it still works fine. Had a couple of new wheels in it but it does the job.
The tray underneath it is a very good idea as they are very messy. :-)
Mark S.
David WE Roberts wrote:

I used the Plasplug one and never had a complaint with it. Did a serious tiling with it - the tiles were thicker than normal and wouldn't break so all cutting had to be done with the tile saw. Excellent tool - can't sing it's praises highly enough.
Can't remember any problem with flexing - also can't remember if it had a jig for cutting on the diagonal, but it did have a jig for beveling edges which I used for corner tiles.
If you can do all your cutting outside all and good - otherwise the cat litter tray sounds a good idea. There is a cutter guard and you can angle that to prevent splash back. The blades aren't that cheap but I did a whole bathroom (20 sq m) with 2.
Rob

I've got the Plasplugs Contractor Plus and have been pretty satisfied with it. You do need to keep a bucket of water handy to dip the guide ends into fairly frequently to keep the clips working properly. Also to wash down the bed - but I'd guess this applies to any such cutter. Blade life has been good. It is an ideal size for clamping onto a Workmate too - great for working outside, my preferred way when cutting tiles because of the light.
--
*Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

David WE Roberts wrote:

I have a 39:99 Plasplugs joby. Works OK but the plastic fence is a bit wafty. Keeps falling off.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman