Where to buy long ( 'double') butt crimp connectors

butt crimps - for joining

the same sort of size

with a pair of those

be a lot more compact.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

butt crimps - for joining

the same sort of size

with a pair of those

would be a lot more

It would - although the jelly connectors are not actually that much bigger than a crimp. Twice the diameter perhaps.

Reply to
John Rumm

The important thing about these is that they can only be used one way round.

The end of the connector should be flush with the face of the jaws with the coloured dots. The wire must go in from that side. That means you have to turn the tool over to crimp the other end.

If it is used the other way round it does'nt crimp on the copper at all as the pimple in the jaws for indenting the metal inner of the connector is only on one side. (the opposite side to the colour indicator dots)

Roger R

Reply to
Roger R

[...]

Apologies for the triplicate posts. (I'm not trying to emphasise my contribution)

My posts normally send ok but on occasion OE gives the message 'failed to send the message' with a red dot in the dialogue box and something about failed to connect/find server.

However, it has in fact posted the message, but the message remains in the outbox and each subsequent time the account is 'syncronised' it reposts again - but tells me it hasn't and still leaves the message in the outbox.

The situation is only resolved by working off line and removing the post trapped in the outbox.

This trouble occurred on a previous occasion but I don't know why. It only started when I switched to aioe as a news server.

Roger R

Reply to
Roger R