Where can I get 1.5mm O-Rings?

I need to find a 16mm (Internal Diameter) x1.5mm O-ring. I hoped it
would be easy to find..
All of the 'sets' contain mainly 2mm+ O-rings.. I have tried a
Pneumatics supplier and they just have a 'set'.. The same is true of
the Automotive spares dealers I have tried.
I have found a good on-line supplier, and they do a 16.1x1.6mm too
(which I am interested to try as it may give me a better seal), but
their miniumum order is =A310...
So does anyone know where I can get this kind of O-ring? Better still,
does anyone know which industry would use them.. Perhaps if I knew
what sort of people used this size (i.e Pumps, Hydraulics, etc), I
might be able to blag a few..
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Jon
Reply to
jon.p.weaver
sounds like whats in pushfit connectors.
Trouble with all this stuff is teh manufacturers sell in millions to various people who use them and they make up expensive sets of them..there is no-one retailing them bare, as it were.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
I need to find a 16mm (Internal Diameter) x1.5mm O-ring. I hoped it would be easy to find..
All of the 'sets' contain mainly 2mm+ O-rings.. I have tried a Pneumatics supplier and they just have a 'set'.. The same is true of the Automotive spares dealers I have tried.
I have found a good on-line supplier, and they do a 16.1x1.6mm too (which I am interested to try as it may give me a better seal), but their miniumum order is £10...
So does anyone know where I can get this kind of O-ring? Better still, does anyone know which industry would use them.. Perhaps if I knew what sort of people used this size (i.e Pumps, Hydraulics, etc), I might be able to blag a few..
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Jon
Dear Jon
O rings are very good at what they do but a pain in the butt to size.
By the time you have sub-divided metric/ imperial - the materials you are trying to seal against and the hardness required there are a bewildering array of possibilities, normally only a few of which are available off the shelf.
When I was involved in the game, the main manufacturer was Eriks Allied Polymer (EAP) - the people who provided the size books.
The stockists we used were Rhondama at Loughborough (Leicestershire).
You are unlikely to obtain the precise size you require locally, unless they are spares for a specific item.
Reply to
Tom
To be honest, as long as its 1.5mm, There are quite a few sizes I could use...
The actual slot in the 'part' is 18.5mm, so I am guessing that I could probably get away with a 16, 17 or 18mm O-ring.. But its the 1.5mm bit that I am having problems finding.
I just don't know what sort of industry use 'thin' O-Rings like this!!
Jon
Reply to
jon.p.weaver
Found this company this afternoon. I haven't used them.
PDF download (second link above)is everthing you wanted to know about O-rings (and a whole lot more) but were too afraid to ask.
HTH
Reply to
Rumble
Try a local Diving Shop!! sounds like one out of a Poseidon Jetstream or Apeks might fit. Where are you based?
Reply to
grumpyat

Site Timeline Threads