Where?

OK, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I have put my compact pipe cutter? ;-)

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Pop out and buy another one and you'll find it within five minutes of getting back.

Roger.

Reply to
Roger Wareham

It didn't take me even that long after I'd lost a steel tape measure. I'd searched high and low for it, then went and bought another. Getting back into the car I dropped it into the car door pocket, where it rattled against........ the old one.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Better still, look in the last place you would expect to find it.

After all, whenever you find something you've misplaced it is always in the last place you look ;-)

Reply to
Brian Reay

In a compact place.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Probably under the floorboards near where you last used it :-)

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Hmm. That's why I have four tape measures and five (count 'em) stanley knives...

David

Reply to
Lobster

Are you a surgeon, by any chance?

Reply to
Sam Nelson

It's in the blue toolbox in the shelf.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Give that man a cigar! Unfortunately, I had just bought another one.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

:-)

It's always the first place I look (now!) (unless it is less effort ro go buy a new tool!!)

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Lol!

Nope, just done it a few times!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Just outside Norwich?

Reply to
Alan Deane

Did you ever see that Alas Smith & Jones send up of The French Connection where they ripped a car apart looking fo drugs, to the point where there was just a chassis left? They then sat down & looked at each other and asked "is there any where we haven't checked?" To which the other one said "well, there is the glove compartment". They looked in there and there was a huge wad of drugs.

To get to the point...perhaps it's some where to obvious to contemplate.

Reply to
RedOnRed

I told my wife this the other day when she'd lost something and was proven to be right on that occasion.

Unfortuntately by way of retaliation she pointed out that when I lose something it's actually always in the first place I look - I just don't see it until I've done a full lap of the house and garage. This unfortunately is very true.

Reply to
Fitz

You leant it to me ages ago.

Do not expect it's return in the near future.

Sorry

Reply to
EricP

On the second shelf down in the shed, on the left!

Reply to
Dave Jones

I spent about five mins today searching for my favourite wire cutters and strippers....

found them where I had left them: in my left hand!

Reply to
John Rumm

Been there, done that ... now where did I leave the T-shirt?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Not always, sometimes you look everywhere, give up and then find it hours/days/weeks/months later in a place you *know* you've already checked.

Reply to
Matt