Whats the easiest and most cost effective way of powering some lighting in a garage?

Well as it happens she has a miners oil lamp sitting in the fireplace!

Reply to
Capitol

Very nice but what I'd like to know is whether it has a lithium battery, of the sort that seems to keep its charge indefinitely. If it's only going to be used once in a blue moon, and (apparently) can't be used while charging, I wouldn't be very happy finding that the battery had self-discharged.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

+1

Simple and easy.

Reply to
ARW

Termination of tenancy might be two months notice, but an increase in rent requires just the one!

Reply to
Fredxxx

I have an "XQ-LITE XQ1279, 5 W, 380 lm". Lithium battery, yes, last months unused. And it charges of a 12 volt car cigarette plug as well as mains. Small,

-- and even smaller if the handle and foot are removed, they make up most of the volume.

Bright, cold light, and the light is practically a point source and gives hard shadows. Not very pleasant, but its a work light, not mood lighting, and it woeks very well for that.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer