What was that old canard about making things foolproof,,

...and they design a better fool ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-37471624
Seems *successive* system warnings were over-ridden to manage to get the accident to happen. They *really* worked hard at that.
Let's hope they don't also service airliners, or passenger ships ...
email.me:

I was once employed to write operating procedures - The "time served" men used to ridicule the concept as they knew best. seems there apprenticeship 20 years earlier prepared them for all eventualities.
On 9/27/2016 12:49 PM, DerbyBorn wrote:

There's a more detailed report somewhere else in the media, to paraphrase it seemed to say that the "Operations" team did everything right, except that they called in "Technical Support", who proceeded to screw up.
Quite a salutory warning to those of us with a background in "Technical Support". Whilst I have sometimes explained to "Ops" guys that certain blanket rules are not necessarily applicable in some specific cases, I have almost invariably found that they make very good challenges to the "ideas" guys who are casting around to try and understand and solve a plant problem.