what type of glue for mdf / melamine?

Hi
We are going to paint our fitted bedroom wardrobes, which are MDF doors with a Melamine (I think that's what it is) cover. The melamine cover is loose and needs gluing back to the door. So I removed the melamine off one of the doors, thinking I could prime the door then paint it. Trouble is, the MDF has a very thin film glued to the MDF which gives it a very smooth finish. This film has come off in places when I removed the melamine cover. I am now thinking of either sanding down the door to remove any 'lips' between the "filmed MDF" and "non-filmed" (if that makes sense), or gluing the melamine cover back to the door.
If I go for the latter option, what sort of glue would I need? Door measures 2130mm x 525mm, so presume I would need some sort of glue which I could roller on over the entire door.
Or does anyone know where I could buy new doors in the above size. All the places I have looked seem to sell different sized doors.
Thanks

Evostik contact adhesvive - but ventilate well!
NT
In article

Think the new present formulation isn't quite so, err, interesting. Doesn't work as well either.
--
*He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:31:43 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

Because they can't use Benzene in it. It used to get all that phlegm off your chest.
At woodwork lessons 50 yrs ago the teacher recommended using casein glue to fix SRBP laminates (Formica). Don't know if any are still available.
Derek

Would the water not be an issue on mdf?
NT

Oh. Its a long time since I glued sheet formica to anything.
NT