What to do for combi repair

My combi (Isar) is not working and concensus seems to be either the main PCB or the display/control PCB - or both.

The manufacturer will come out to fix it for a flat fee of =A3200, including whatever parts required.

Or I could get both boards for about =A3150 and fit them myself.

But, I wondered what could have caused the board to go in the first place, and if I fitted the new PCB myself, could another existing fault elswhere then blow the new PCB?

Or would it be worth getting an independant engineer to look at it and advise. Would an engineer be able to accurately determine the fault, and is he likely to guarantee that his repair was correct - especially if he replaces a board and it blows again shortly afterwards?

dg

Reply to
dg