What's the bit that turns a tap called?

As per subject, what's the knob on top of a tap called? We have two perfectly serviceable taps on our washbasin but one of the plastic knobs is disintegrating - I'd like to get a replacement.

I guess the whole of the tap, as in the insert that can be removed from above wouldn't cost all that much but even then I don't really know what it's called.

They seem to have a fairly standard size serrated (I know that's not the right word) shaft and are fixed by M4 screws.

Reply to
tinnews

Acrylic Head or Acrylic Tap Head. The sheds sell them.

Don.

Reply to
Don

In message , snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote

Reply to
Alan

Google "Tap Tops Acrylic"

Reply to
Adrian C

Aaaahhhh!! "Head", thank you. :-)

Reply to
tinnews

Oh, a "reviver kit", obvious!! :-) Exactly what I want though, thank you, and reasonably priced.

Reply to
tinnews

There are loads of different sizes though. I know, I sold them many years ago.

Reply to
Merryterry

spigot?

Reply to