What makes a bathroom a bathroom?

And screws with the insulation.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I had (already when I moved in) sockets only a foot or so from the sink. Very handy to fill the kettle without having to unplug it.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Which is important because.... electricity can't go through jeans?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

HTH

Reply to
Andy Burns

Since everyone has those poofy circuit breakers, does it really matter if you have electricity in the bathroom?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Is it to do with several women at once?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Difficult to take a bath in a sink, unless you're 2.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Hang on.... if I install a water bed, must I move the electrical points?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Hang on.... if I install a water bed, must I move the electrical points?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Hang on.... if I install a water bed, must I move the electrical points?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Hang on.... if I install a water bed, must I move the electrical points?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Blame the US. They talk about bathrooms when they actually mean a toilet.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm no expert but AFAICS the perceived function of the space is of no relevance. Electricity doesn't care what you call the room.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

This is true. Weird, but true.

Reply to
S Viemeister

It must contain a bath or shower. Cloakrooms / rooms containing loos / basins etc are not included in the definitions.

Reply to
John Rumm

This is not really true.

See:

John Rumm

Correct. Its far less able to pass through clothes and *dry* skin.

Reply to
John Rumm

You were correct.

You have now been erroneously corrected!

Reply to
John Rumm

I see... thanks, and I hope no-one was misled by my wrong answer.

So presumably what you and I might regard as a truly *enormous* bedroom, with a shower cubicle tucked away somewhere in a corner, is classified for regulatory purposes as a "bathroom"?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Slit trench

Reply to