What is a cost effective way to "extend" a concrete pad?

Hi All,

It's heating oil tank replacement time, and the current tank sits on quite a small (but brick barn like)pad (1400mm x 1400mm) if we wanted to go for a tank with a longer footprint (say 1600 or 1700mm) would it be feasable/ ec conomical to lay some kind of beams , or beams and slabs on top of the pad to extend it in a cantilever fashion? and would this comply with OFTEC & b uilding reg requirements?

We will probably go with a like for like replacement to keep costs down. B ut i'd like to explore all optionsEspecially if we are forced down the bund ed route.

TIA

Chris

Reply to
cpvh

exacrtcly that arrangement was passed by the BCO in 2000 or so here. small pad, block piers to raise it, and concrete lintel beams laid across it to actually put the tank on.

Phne BCO to check latest regs, but I'd say yes, definitely OK.

I think that is de jure these days. It wasn't in my case.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher