What have you Done It Yourself?

I recently bought one which said suitable for LEDs. Which it is, controlling 3 GU10s And can't say it the guts looked very different from any others, in their plastic case.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well I work with dicfrete electronic componets and I can't tell a DA from an AD from a 3 axis acceleometer from a 9 axis one from justv looking at the case design. So I don't see how you can.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I can, one will be labelled as inputs the other outputs.

I can but I might have trouble telling a three axis from a six axis one.

Reply to
dennis

that's exactly your problem.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

No they won't not on the device.

Reply to
whisky-dave

A smaller problem(s) than you have.

Reply to
whisky-dave

As with anything, it's the outside casing that determines the size. Not what is in it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well to some extent, but the more that is in a chip the greater the size is likely to be.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Not necessarily. Some parts are a fixed size - like the pot/switch and the need for a base to fix it to the plate. And that not many would be happy having to use an extra deep box if it is a replacement type.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, I do have bigger things to think about.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Joist hanger nail? Plasterboard nail?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

you can get differnt size pots, I have some, slide pots & digital ones too. I have presets which are pretty much the same. There are alternatoves in various sizes.

It won;t be called a replacement if it doesn't fit.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Don't we all but not all of us need to boast about it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I don't think so , there was no rifling as you would find on a joist hanger nail as well as being a bit too short and PB nail are galvanised IME. I left it in the tyre for the repair guys benefit so I no longer have it to post a picture of.

Reply to
Bob Minchin