What doesn't Expanding Foam stick to ?

George,

Yes it was for ventilation originally when it was a cow barn, but my CNC machines don't fart as much as cows :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I have this vision of a farmer having a cowshed like this, with the ventilation led to a vertical pipe in the corner and a permanent 'flare' as on an oil rig.

Reply to
Bob Eager

so expansion foam does NOT stick to cling film?

so is that the best way to stop it stic king to the mold framework?

Reply to
dec

would a silicon spray work do you think?

Reply to
dec

here is a link to a home-made solution from previous Google link. this solution (pun intended) was mentioned elsewhere too.

Reply to
dec

Are you sure it sticks to anything? I thought the whole idea was to expand into voids, and seal up the hole. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It is horribly sticky and sticks to almost anything. The low-expansion version is used as an adhesive - bonding plasterboard to walls and the like. Get it on your jeans and you'll forever have a pair of jeans with a patch of hardended foam on. Get it on your skin and, unless you use a solvent, it'll take days to get it off.

Reply to
SteveW

The solvent doesn't work once the foam is cured.

Reply to
alan_m

I believe it only comes off as the skin's surface is shed with it. Polythene is one of the least stickable materials on the planet, might be worth trying.

Reply to
Animal