What do you call this switch?

It’s a simple key operated switch for a power supply to some emergency lights in our Men’s shed.

This one’s buggered. Should wait to get the council back to fix it but if it’s cheap enough I might swap it myself.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Secret switch.

That looks as though it is a modular fitting, but doesn't look like the MK gridswitch secret switch I have used.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Keyswitch with neon. Could be a grid switch, the photo isnt good enough. I dont know if you can get that style now, probably best to buy a new front plate, yoke,switch and fuse holder. Click do them cheap enough, MK are twice the price.

Reply to
Alan Lee

I call it a key switched FCU but other names are used.

Toolstation do one for £20 if you don't need neon.

But I've no idea how easy it is to get additional keys (or to know what to use in place of the key). You might want advice on that as it sounds like a place where such things might stray.

Reply to
Robin

Keys are readily available for both MK and Crabtree and are sold either singly or in packs of ten.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

But neither will fit the OP's key-switch - which is normally used on fire alarms.

Reply to
ARW

I did say earlier that it didn't look like the MK switch I knew, but presumably spare keys are available for that type as well.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Thanks.

Oh we have the key, it’s just the switch mechanism that’s buggered.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Does that note say the switch is broken or what it switching is broken?

Reply to
alan_m

Fred? Brian

Reply to