What are the led strips below window sill?

Hi everyone,

What are the strips of led for under a window sill? They hang down from the sill laying flush with the fascia. I have seen some with a semicircle pattern. Are they there to keep the water out? There are still drip grooves on the underside of the sills. I am not sure but I think I have only ever seen them used on houses with either featheredge board or tiles. How does the led tie into the window sill? Does it fit into a second groove behind the drip groove? Or does it simply lie under the window sill? Maybe pinned to the brick underneath?

Regards,

Rich

Reply to
Rich

The tiled front of my house has this. The lead is attached to the brick. Had windows replaced with double-glazing and they didn't have to disturb the lead at all. They merely sealed the gap between the lead and right at the back of the new cill with clear silicone

Reply to
BillR

# Not sure if I follow your description .... but it sounds like you are referring to a water tray.

If the construction is a cavity wall, then the vertical DPC at the reveal and the cavity tray above the lintel takes care of water. However if single skin - as in dormer window construction, you install a lead tray - so that any water that cold blow under the cill, cannot get to inside ... and runs back out - down the lead.

The lead also dresses over tiles below (or wood) to protect top of that from the rain.

It is semicircular for appearance only.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes