What a useful bit of kit!

one at a customers house & tracked down the supplier.

Exactly the right height for wiring ceiling roses, makes a handy seat and a useful impromptu saw bench. Weighs next to nothing & takes up very little room. And cheap!

Chuffed to meatballs with it

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Slight possible drawback is that the "rung" on the back isn't a rung just a brace. I wonder how long it will be before it is used as a rung?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

My ceilings are 9 ft!

Reply to
alan

So you would need a pair made of 2x2 and some heavy duty hinges. An incredibly difficult DIY project for someone with ready access to old hinges and numerous offcuts of 2x2 and 3x2.

Very unnerving.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

and "Not available for home delivery"

Reply to
alan

Mine are 11 feet, and in our last house they were 14ft. Scottish houses are built substantially.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

Sounds like Edinburgh. My first flat was at the West End, and had 12ft ceilings.

Reply to
S Viemeister

As they were in England when *we* had gas lighting

tim

Reply to
tim.....

In message , Geoff Pearson writes

Indeed, but I can see where Dave is coming from, for a house with lower ceilings. Being in an older Scottish granite house, I too have high ceilings and a small step ladder is an essential bit of kit. Mine was a Christmas present from my brother, years ago. At the time, I thought what an odd gift, but I've used it more than almost any Christmas present I've received since childhood.

Made by Beldray, the ironing board people, it is about the size of an ironing board when closed, and lives with our ironing board. Light enough that getting it out and carrying it around the house is never a problem, whereas when I just had a larger step ladder, grabbing a chair was easier.

Only two steps and a platform, but priceless. Just like eBay item

160887479034.
Reply to
News

Howe odd. Mine are all plasterboard.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"Howe Street"? my cousin had a flat there when first married

Reply to
charles

We have two, SWMBO'd didn't like using the "DIY" set. Abru badged/made. The platform and high rail are nicer to work from. Though I can see that something small like TMH's set is better for stuffing in the back of his van.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

When my Dad was at school, you had to build your own work horse as one of your projects, you were expected to build it well enough to be able to use it for the rest of your life. My Dad still has his.

JGH

Reply to
jgh

Before we were married, my wife rented a flat that was part of a house conversion - the ceilings were 11 ft and it took a fair bit of heating to get any warm air low down!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Thank God for that, I thought that anecdote was going to end differently.

Reply to
Graham.

Mine are about 7'. Built substantially, but for impoverished paupers of diminished stature.

Admittedly they might have sunk a bit. The whole block is steadily going downhill.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I still have my father's bookshelves he made for his university rooms,

5 planks fitted together with tenons and pegs so it could be dissassembled.

I think it was the only project he ever actually finished.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I've one much like that, lives in the pantry, handy for getting to the top shelf in the kitchen (cupboards right the way up, as discussed in another thread).

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Did you go to Barnstaple for it?

Reply to
Bob Martin

I have something similar and use it a lot.

Reply to
Gib Bogle