well wot a surprise

this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

Reply to
critcher

Probably stocking up on cheap coal :-)

Reply to
swldxer1958

And checking against the points based immigration lists of various countries :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

The majority of the most common posters will be licking their wounds.

Never quite understood what the extreme right wing see in a DIY newsgroup.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's the closest they can get to survivalism.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Too much fake news in the media to have time to post to this group.

Reply to
alan_m

They are interviewing for a new Prime Minister, fancy the job, no experience needed. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Anyone who stayed up all night probably needs the rest. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well I don't know, There are no extreme right people here anyway.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, I've been chasing DPD... They had given a slot of 1115-1215, watching the web drop 8 van up the road on drop 6 at 1205. No sign of van by 1230, web site still saying drop 6. 1245 state changes to "couldn't deliver" and a photo of gate across a farm access track 1/2 a mile down the road. None of the web options allow for "tried to deliver to wrong location, deliver to ". No phone number on that page, Found one, 0844, VOIP refused to connect "an error has occured", took mobile to the upstairs window where it works, spoke to a helpful lady. Their system can't search on name or postcode only parcel number, lady held on while I retrieved it from the screen downstairs. She messaged the driver with the location and a contact number. About 1400 parcel arrives, driver complaining that satnav sent him down the road, well yes it does, that's the center of the square mile that the post code and it 5 delivery points covers. This area is not a town when a post code plonks you within a few yards of the place... He'd have had to drive past us to get to where he took the photo and the house name is clearly visible from the road, plonker.

After that set about installing the parcels contents, grill element for the cooker. The old one split itself apart along a lot of it's length with accompanying spitz and sparken.

Caught up on email, too late now to start painting a ceiling. So came to visit uk.d-i-y. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Like many lefties Dave regards anyone even vaguely to the left of him as "extreme right wing". Like many opinions held by lefties, this is of course utter c*ck.

Reply to
Huge

Sigh. I meant "right", of course.

Reply to
Huge

A Troll's Playground? :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

But, dear Huge, you've killfiled most of this group, so can't have read what they post.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I just downloaded 250 messages, which group are you reading?

Reply to
John Rumm

It's OK. Dave doesn't really understand much at all.

Reply to
Richard

Says the hypocritical f****it Dave.

Reply to
Richard

Maybe he's a habitual plonker?

Reply to
Richard

If they stayed up for the election they need a life.

Reply to
dennis

Dave probably thinks Labour actually won, from listening to the ridiculous BBC coverage of the results. ;->

Reply to
Cursitor Doom