Well OT: Strength of vodka

In message , Nick Odell writes

As opposed to Bundaberg ginger beer which contains no alcohol and tastes great

Reply to
geoff

...and another thing. You might be surprised how much sugar an alcoholic beverage can absorb so you could end up with something really sweet and flavoured with a big drop in the alcohol content.

I've made sloe liqueur and blackcurrant liqueur with so much sugar that it's almost a syrup. I'm just guessing, based on past experience but I'd suggest you add half a bottle of vodka to half a bottle of pear drops. There's lots of air-space (or vodka-space!!) between the pear drops so it's not really 50/50. Keep it in a warm place like an airing cupboard and turn the bottle several times each day until all the pear drops have dissolved. If, after a week, you still have some solids then I doubt if it will dissolve much more so pour the liquid into another container and do what you like with the remaining solids. If, on the other hand, it all dissolves in a couple of days try adding a few more pear drops at a time until you sense that the liquid is struggling to absorb any more.

Good luck!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Better still (no pun !) distill your own.

Reply to
Jethro_uk