Weird local builders

A drive is being completely relaid locally in a snakes and ladders manner.

There's a concrete base already there.

The builders laid down grids of rebar on top of one bit of it, shuttered that bit, then poured 4" of concrete.

The next day they started digging the newly laid bit up again, using a SDS drill. They managed about 20% of the new concrete by close of play for the day. Today, when I passed in the morning, they were still at it, only now they have a decent breaker, so progress is faster. I haven't checked progress since then, but I guess they finished digging it up by lunchtime.

What on earth is going on?

I mentioned to DW that the site slopes down towards the front door of the house, and the top of the concrete looked like it was level with the floor of the house. But, surely they'd have spotted that before pouring concrete. I know they are planning some sort of resin-bonded finish on top of the concrete.

I'll keep you posted. :)

Reply to
GB

Drivways can be complicated. Just ask Adam's former neighbour.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

So, rain splashing up the wall would penetrate the brick work and, assuming the DPC is at floor level, the final level will be above and bridging the DPC?

We had drainage added here when we moved in because the drive is only one brick below the DPC.

Reply to
Terry Casey