Wedi Board

Hi all,

I've a curved bath and am planning to have a tiled panel rather than buying a plastic pre-formed one. For this I've bought some Wedi Board (BA construct) that bends into the required shape. I've two questions:

1) I bought a 2.4m piece but it's actually 2 x 1.2m stitched together. The stockist is telling me that's how it comes, the Wedi company isn't responding to my query. Anyone have any experience of this?

2) I need to blend one end into an adjoining wall. But I don't want to pay for the wedi joining tape (the board was expensive enough). I was wondering if I could use standard joint tape with cement-based adhesive.

Thanks for any help/advice, I feel I'm making this up as I go along!

Cheers, John

Reply to
jghattersley