waterproofing a flat concrete roof

Hi All
ex council house outside store roof 100mm thick concrete area about 4m x 3 metres
has rasied front and sides (a lip about 25mm high)
Never been felted
Looking at the fibrous paints or other low cost solution
any recommendations
Regards

Is there any provision for the rainwater to drain off or does it just puddle up and stay trapped? is there a fall?
--
What else are opposable thumbs for? Get to me at
masterfixbtinternetcom

yep slight fall to the back with gutter and downpipe
Regards

Having read all the other posts since my reply this am, I would also recommend the cromapol product or there's another called aquapol, I think... Check out JJ Roofing supplies or Wedge roofing, but again, it's not cheap- about £90 a tin retail, £60 trade. For a cheaper way of remedying it as a trial.... If you can find the crack get a tube of Sika Flex http://m.screwfix.com/details.htm?idy250 and use that to fill the joint, it's great stuff.
Hth Deano
--
What else are opposable thumbs for? Get to me at
masterfixbtinternetcom

The usual solution in places like Italy where flat concrete roofs are normal is to lay a waterproof screed on the roof. This requires the roof to be clean and dry before you start.
http://www.izonil.com/uk/improver.html
For example.
On 12/07/2011 23:38, TMC wrote:

Sounds identical to one I did myself once. IIRC I used bitumen paint as a cheapo solution, as I knew I'd be selling the place not long afterwards.
Seemed to do the job well enough; I can't vouch for it's longevity but think if I'd been intending on keeping the property for a long time I'd have chosen something more durable. Indeed, the purchaser's surveyor flagged it as a future maintenance issue.
David
Lobster wrote:

yeah. Concrete itself is pretty impervious, depending on the grade.
Anything that soaks in a bit of a plasticky or tarry nature will improve it immensely.
Probably one of those render waterproofers will do.

TMC wrote:

having atempted all of the suggestions in this thread over the past thirty years, I have found only one solution and that is to use a product called 'cromapol'
http://www.nwepaints.co.uk/acatalog/RoofingBitumenCoatings.html
I've done a few concrete rooves with this and had no problems at all, it's expensive, because it works.
Don't bother with anything available from B&Q et al, they also have expensive sealants, but none of them work on cracked concrete
It's available in black, white and grey
Phil L wrote:

Cracked is different from porous, sure. I'd probably use epoxy mortar on cracks, but that stuff looks a useful thing to know as well

cracked?
Jim K
Jim K wrote:

TMC mentioned it was cracked at 16:48 yesterday