Waterproof Paint for roof

Hi I have a balcony at my mums which is a black bitumen/tar surface. The underside of the balcony is showing slight signs of water penetration. Probably best to resurface it - but ain't got the time and its a hassle to have workmen in (my mum isn't well)
I would like to paint the surface must be approx 3-4 square metres with a waterproof paint.
So far the ones I've found for sealing roofs (E.G. Flexacryl - Black) remain "tacky" after and so you cannot walk on them. This balcony doesn't get a huge amount of traffic - but need something that cures solid..
Can anyone recommend a product for this. I'm sure the ones that remain flexible are best - but the products I looked at cost 10 and it'll take an hour to paint. So its something I'm prepared to do every 3/4 years..
Thanks..

It is usual to put a layer of pea gravel on top of any flat roof sealant, if it is expected that people will walk on it. That protects the bitumen and would probably answer your problem with the sealant remaining tacky.
Colin Bignell