Water softener

In message , Mr Sandman writes
That's been done to death here but not recently. The majority opinion is that they achieve nowt and are a waste of money and time fitting them but there are a few people who insist that they're wonderfully effective.
If you have a problem with scaling then fit an ion-exchange water softener as that's proven technology.
Reply to
Si
Yes.
To your credit card statement for next month.
Nothing more.
By the following month, you will have forgotten about it and won't be bothered to take the thing back.
It's a good marketing ploy. The proponents go to the same school of marketing as the National Lottery marketing department.
Reply to
Andy Hall
A small number of people really do win the lottery. No-one gets a working magnetic water softener.
Reply to
Huge
A frog is sitting on a lily leaf in the centre of a pond and wishes to reach the edge by making leaps across the water. However, there's a catch. For each leap, he can jump half of the remaining distance to the edge.
Will he ever make it?
Reply to
Andy Hall
Interesting web site of water-related pseudoscience.
just get an ion-exchange one at least they work.
Reply to
Ian_m
That is there really all that much difference between paying tax for the gullible vs. buying a magnetic water thingy.
To any reasonable approximation, the chances of success with either are very close to one another.
Reply to
Andy Hall
In message , Andy Hall writes
Sod Zeno's Paradox, I want to know what "it?" is!
Reply to
Si
What paradox? The answer is yes.. at some point the frog can step onto the edge without doing a half jump. The only "funny" is why people think frogs can only jump.
Reply to
dennis
Lets see.. 1:54 for the lottery vs. 1:infinity for the magnetic whatsit. I believe that any reasonable person would think you are wrong.
Reply to
dennis
Perhaps I should have included the word "worthwhile".
Besides, why would any right minded person voluntarily pay extra tax?
Reply to
Andy Hall
question is, assuming that the frog can make one jump per second, how long will it be before he reaches the edge of the pond?
Reply to
Andy Hall
Strange thing luck and the Lottery I don't normally do senseless gambling but..... Last year I had to attend a funeral, on the way home the wife phoned and asked me to stop off get some stamps Standing at the shop counter and looking at the lottery sign I was thinking when your numbers up you've had it. ;(
So I bought a ticket, random machine chosen numbers, put it in my pocket and forgot about it last month 172 days later the wife said she was going to get my black suit cleaned and in the pocket was the lottery ticket. Yes it was a winner !
-
Reply to
Mark
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Mark" saying something like:
A tenner doesn't go far these days.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Site Timeline Threads