Water presure too high

The water pressure feeding the sink tap in my new bathroom is too high, and the kids are struggling to open the single lever tap without splashing the floor (and themselves).

Can I fit two of these

to the hot and cold feeds before the connection to the tap to control the flow/pressure?

Anything to consider?

Reply to
JoeJoe

The message from "JoeJoe" contains these words:

Yes. But you might just as easily go the market and get one of those rubber things that go over the end of the tap - swirl nozzles or something, they're called. That'll fix it.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk:

Can you still get those - I'd love one

mike

Reply to
mike

The message from mike contains these words:

I'm sure I saw one in Wellington Market the other day. If I see one I'll grab it and post it to you.

Reply to
Guy King

These are easier to fit.

Richard A Downing FBCS CITP

I use a Service Valve 15mmx½"

a flexible tap connector with a ½" male end (ISTR you end up discarding a nut). Screwfix probably have the right one, but I can't reliably distinguish in the pictures. I got mine from B&Q or somewhere where I could make sure the the bits fitted together before going to the checkout. I also substituted an O-ring rather than the fibre washer (I don't think these parts were designed to mate, but with an O-ring, they are a perfect match).

You can buy hoses with integral isolating valves, but it's always been more convenient to be able to leave the valve on the pipework without the hose at some point during installation, and that saves turning off more of the water system.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

yes it's standard practice these days to fit service isolation valves in the supply to taps, cisterns etc, and one often turns them down a bit so the taps don't spray everything in sight when turned on fully

the flow through the valve is slightly noisier when it's not full on, but this shouldn't be objectionable.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Guy King wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk:

I just checked my new tap and I don't think it would fit.

I recently replaced my old two knob tap with an inverted U circular pipe with a nice new single lever (it had started leaking a bit), and the new one (like screwfix 54621-81) only B&Q 10% off for wrinklies on Wednesdays has an even more moulded spout.

So many thanks for the offer, but I don't think it would work on this one, bugrit

mike

Reply to
mike

Reply to
JoeJoe

But harder to operate because the screw head is made of ripe brie.

better if you want to use pushfit

Reply to
John Stumbles