Water pipe descaler units

I live in a hard water area and get some scale buidling up on taps

surfaces etc. Do these water pipe descaler appliances actually work?

I have seen one where you wrap a cable around the cold water feed dozen times, plug it into a mysterious powered unit and it clears you pipes out. The literature makes compelling reading and does a good jo of giving me the urge to buy one! Does this type of thing actuall work?

I saw another product which appears to be a fitting with a very stron magnet that you put inline with the shower head, this is suppose soften the water? How does a magnet soften water

-- Grahame

Reply to
Grahame

John Rumm