Water leak :( Nibbled water tank?

Thats waht you have soffit vents for.

The smell only lats about 6 weeks.

ASfter that full dessication sets in, and you have a 'flat pack rat'

No, that much is pretty clear..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well done, what was it? One down, 6 to go, you rarely have just one rodent, where one has been others will follow...

They do like chocolate, we use Nutella in the live capture mouse trap. They like peanut butter as well but that goes rancid after a while, Nutella last for months.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Well currently I'm just trying to catch the leakage as best I can, and putting out traps - but on the bright side, the loft hatch isn't in place, so its at least a *little* harder for the damn things to get to the hole...

Reply to
Neil

Looked like a mouse to me, the same sort that I trapped one of downstairs about maybe 3 months earlier. Going to reset the trap tonight, and get more when I can get to the shops.

This was actually a holiday gift that was lying in the wrong mouse-available position and got one corner already nibbled-off...so it seemed like a reasonable choice to use as bait :)

Reply to
Neil

Rats have tails... I think you mean squirrels are rats with furry tails. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You can't tell the difference between a mouse and a rat? What is the world coming to? Yer average adult mouse has a nose to tail length of around 3" (75mm), a rat 8" (200mm). Tails are extra and are more or less equal the body length. Rats can be much bigger I've seen 'em up to 12" body length...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice