Water flow, could it be the pressure??

Hi, I've recently moved into a new house and since moving, the hot water from the taps or shower has never flowed properly. I spoke to the previous owners who've never had any problems. However, when i fitted the washing machine and fiddled with the taps, the water worked fine for a little while.

I think it's because my water pump isnt working properly but not sure how to get things going, I assume its something to do with the pressure in the system. Do I need to call a plumber or is this something I can do myself?

Thanks!

Reply to
raoul.dawda

It would be most unusual to have a pump suppling all the taps and showers, etc. What type of hot water system is it?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Very difficult to say without knowing more about your hot water system. How is the water heated - do you have a cylinder full of stored hot water or a combi boiler producing it on demand? If a stored system, is the cylinder (mains) pressurised, or is it fed from a cold water header tank in the attic?

Assuming you have a vented HW storage system, the most likely cause of poor flow is a blockage or air-lock. There's unlikely to be a pump involved.

Reply to
Roger Mills