Water damaged ceiling - brown marks

Does anybody know how to paint over the marks left by a water drip on

ceiling? I've been told to paint it silver first and then white....i this a known technique?

Thanks

-- Gioconda

Reply to
Gioconda

Hi you can get some stain block, I think it is made by polycell!

Ensure the plaster is completely dry and paint stain block on, i should stop the stain from showing through. It worked on my walls whe the shower was leaking! Then paint over the stain block( once it ha dried) with your chosen paint.

Good luc

-- weekendwarrior

Reply to
weekendwarrior

Or any oil-based paint works just as well. I use white oil-based undercoat, and then finish with emulsion when dry.

Reply to
Set Square

Surely if it's staining after re-painting with emulsion it's still wet

Reply to
zaax

No. Stain will show through emulsion - long after the leak has been cured - if not blocked with oil paint or stain block.

Reply to
Set Square