water and electric sharing floor joist notches ?

Just thought I'd check- there are existing notches in my floor joists with water waste pipes going through, there's no reason not to put electric cables along the same route is there?

But ethernet cables would have to be about 6 inches away wouldnt they?

I dont want to cut any unnecessary holes in the joists

George

Reply to
DICEGEORGE

Can't see any problem with a plastic waste pipe...

2" is adequate (and in reality ethernet would not care even if they were wound round them, although if using them for analogue voice the separation becomes more important)
Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, the spacing of data wires from mains was added to the wiring regs at the same time data transmission technology advanced to not be susceptable to mains interference...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel