Waste from bathroom washbasin

Discovered today that the waste from the bathroom washbasin is absolutely full of clag - it's surprising it drained at all. Which isn't that surprising as it is running absolutely horizontally for about 3 feet. The sink is fitted with an S trap, from which the waste descends vertically, to a 90 degree bend, from which it goes horizontally, ending in what I think is called a conversion bend (90 degrees) which is pushed into some sort of adaptor which is in turn fitted into the top of a cap on a vertical soil pipe.

I went to a plumbers merchants thinking they'd be able to put me right - I was thinking perhaps something like a pair of 92.5 degree bends would work - but they'd never heard of them!!!!

Screwfix comes up with 92.5 degree bends and adjustable bends even - but one of them needs to be a conversion bend to push into the top of a soil pipe. Does such a thing as a 92.5 degree conversion bend exist?

Any thoughts?

TIA

Keith

Reply to
Keith Dunbar

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:31:36 GMT, "Keith Dunbar" mused:

WTF is a conversion bend?

Reply to
Lurch

Looking at Screwfix catalogue it seems to be the name for a bend with a push fit fitting at one end and plain pipe at the other. I'm just guessing - perhaps someone can enlighten us both. On my system it pushes into some sort of socket which in turn is fitted into a cap on a vertically placed soil pipe.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Dunbar

Why worry? There is enough slack in push fit or compression to give the desired angle. Solvent weld maybe not but I bet the gland around the cap on the top of the soil pipe has enough give.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There's not that much give actually - raising the sink end seems to bend the waste pipe more than anything. I'm afraid I'm being a bit of a perfectionist and wanted if possible to get a nice neat job done.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Dunbar

BES do a 92.5=B0 angle adapter, part # 16136 on this page:

They also do a drain cleaner which should clear clag from drain pipes OK, though maybe a normal caustic drain cleaner would work?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Hope I'm not missing something but have a look at

and the wp23 fittings in grey,black,brown & white

PeterK

Reply to
PeterK