Wasps

Anyone else getting the little buggers, that's the second nest I've discovered in as many days. Whiel I know that they keep insects down, their utility in that departments decsreases as teh end of summer arrives, and they start getting drunk on pear juice etc.

So I'm not putting up with them in the attic or next to the one or two fruit trees that we have. It's lampshade time for ze vasps!

Reply to
Tim Streater

That is still quite a way off yet. Plenty of windfalls last weekend but the wasps are all after more meaty pests in the garden at present.

Live and let live provided they are not entering your living space.

The only time I have ever killed a wasps nest was when I inadvertently put a spade through one digging out a rotten fence post. There was suddenly a lot of noise, a cloud of wasps and it was run like hell time. Pest control came and dusted it with powerful insecticide for me.

Only after about three days from treatment could I finish the fence post. Wasps nests are spectacular elegant constructs of paper.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Aye, well there's the rub. The very next day I discovered another - in the attic.

I was running the lawn mower around the garden once only to be suddenly accosted by a young chap from across the fence. It was Biggles. He'd just landed his glider in the field behind and did I know who owned the field?

It was only when I moved off that I discovered I'd stopped the mower on top of a wasps' nest in the ground.

Quite so.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Mine was around the hot water pipe under the floor in the bathroom and they had also managed to find a hole through to next door and migrated to above the ceiling in their extension. They blocked with foam I got a man with insecticide in, and had the air bricks covered by narrow mesh. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

An alternative..

...Ray