Washing m/c and cold fill ... A++

OK, ta. AEG, Bosch and Siemens are the ones of interest. The 8kg Siemens I looked at in JL has a 65 li drum but a 3-hour wash. I tend to do 'fluffies' (polystuff) on cotton 30 as the lack of spins between rinses on fluffywash offends me - and I put more in than the fluffywash takes, but not too much as polystuff needs a bit more space.

Reply to
PeterC

I don't have a copy of David Lodge's _Changing Places_, so I can't look up the exact quote, but there's a funny bit where the American academic (who has swapped houses with an English one) bemoans the E7 storage heater system.

Reply to
Adam Funk

The only system I saw that worked well was my neighbour where I used to live. He had an enormous hot water tank, well insulated, with about six electric immersion heaters in it. They came on by radio control whenever the electricity board had spare power, and he had a very low rate to pay. The house was then heated by the tank with water radiators as you'd see in a gas central heating system. I've never heard of anyone else having such a thing.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

They have also been increasing the price of E7 by 20 to 35% per annum.

Reply to
alan

While they are not going to be ideal, I'd have said they are probably not bad if the alternative is nothing at all. If you arrive in the morning at an office that has no built in heating system, and the first thing you do is go round and turn on a bunch of fan heaters, I'd say you're prolly much better off if the place has storage heaters.

Our (thin-walled) village hall costs £5/hour to heat on a cold winter's evening. I shall be pushing to get some storage heaters put in so that there's some chance of reducing the winter electric bill.

We're running the immersion overnight now for hot water - cheaper than oil.

Reply to
Tim Streater

What's wrong with a timer? Why have the place warm all night?

Watch the bill increase as heat escapes from the building all night long= . And as you misjudge tomorrow's weather and put the wrong amount of he= at in, then end up opening the windows. It's a bloody stupid invention = and I can't believe they're still making them.

-- =

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger