Wany Lap Panels

Anyone noticed this apparent shortage of wany lap fence panels?

Tried Wickes, B&Q, B&Q Depot, Homebase & a local timber merchant today. Nobody had any in stock.

(I agree they are crap, but it's what people want)

Apparently is a shortage of the right timber? Guy at a BM told me manufacturers are laying people off because they can't get the timber?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I know of 3 fencing manufacturers who have laid staff off until they can get timber - the timber companies trebled the price of timber used to make the panels after the big storm a few weeks ago, aside from trebling the price, they are rationing supplies to fencing manufacrturers, so it's worth calling in a few places regularly, they get stock in, make panels which are sold almost immediately, then have no more stock for weeks....there are one or two here and there who machine their own, if you can find them.

Reply to
Phil L

My local builders merchant is getting panels in in small quanities every week or so and they are going pretty quickly but they are getting them. Its just taken me a couple of weeks to assemble enough to rebuild all my fence but ive got there now!

Reply to
Tom Woods