Wanted: combined UHF and TV faceplate

I can't find one at a reasonable price. Any ideas? (I'm redecorating before selling, and may as well make it pretty. The next owner might not want spaghetti coming out of the bedroom wall!)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Any good?

nicknoxx

What I _meant_ was combined TV and _Ethernet_ (RJ45)!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Just a single width? You could use a modular faceplate with an 'F' module and a cat5 module (you might be lucky and find a Belling Lee module)

Reply to
Andy Burns

I do that, but I used a blank plate with an F barrel mounted on it. This actually provides a very good digital signal as it is fully screened.

Reply to
Michael Chare

yOU NEED QUITE A DEEP BACKBOX FOR THAT, I've seen modules available with an F connector aimed down at about a 45^o angle that helps avoid too tight a bend in the cable.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Behind the plate there is a right angle bend that attaches to the F barrel. Available from

Michael Chare

Bill Wright on the uk.tech.digital-tv has frequently deprecated the use of right angled connectors and adaptors, having reportedly found them to introduce reflections or otherwise reduce signal quality.

Best avoid them if you can.

The 45deg modules are good for starting the bend but a deep backbox would be a good idea too.

Reply to
fred

See:

Michael Chare

Thanks Guys.

I've checked SatCure. 5 quid for the bits :)

Plus P&P+VAT takes it to a not-so-bargain £13.34...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I've not noticed those posts! But I found that one I had would not pass DC when I was trying to power an amplifier. The RF signal went through it OK. I was quite relieved to find that the fault was in the bend rather than the cable which would have been difficult to change.

Reply to
Michael Chare